POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why is the music industry so privileged? : Re: Why is the music industry so privileged? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is the music industry so privileged?
From: scott
Date: 2 Apr 2008 02:18:18
Message: <47f3333a$1@news.povray.org>
>> Maybe MS and Adobe etc should
>> get together and get some taxes on DVD-Rs to be shared out?
>
>  No thanks! The point of my rant is that these unfair privileges should
> be *removed* from those industries, not to extend the same unfair taxing
> privileges to everyone.

Oh it sounded like you were arguing *for* some extra privileges for the
software industry (being a software developer yourself IIRC).

BTW why is it unfair?  Governments are obviously open to industry groups
requesting special treatment, especially when large amounts of money are
involved, so why is it unfair to any particular group?

The software industry generates far more income than the music one, so I
would imagine they would have quite a good bargaining position with
governments on lots of subjects.  It's not unfair just because they have
been ignorant of this fact so far.